The israeli occupation started on Wednesday to count “painful losses” of the ground invasion into Gaza, with the Zionist military acknowledging that 13 soldiers have been killed in the ground offensive so far.
The occupation military announced on Wednesday that a new soldier was killed in the ongoing ground offensive in Gaza, taking the toll to 13. The toll can’t be verified as the occupation military rarely acknowledges the true number of casualties.
israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu issued a statement commenting on the israeli casualties by saying: “We are in a difficult war. It will be a long war. We have important achievements in it, but also painful losses.”
For his part, israeli Defense Minister Yoav Gallant described the loss of israeli soldiers as “a hard and painful blow.”
“We are prepared and ready for a long and complex campaign that requires courage, determination and perseverance — we will win,” he says.
Al-Qassam said heavy losses have been inflicted upon the occupation troops, noting that in during clashes in Beit Hanoun, Al-Qassam fighters deployed an explosive-lade drone which fired an anti-personnel projectile at an infantry force which was trying to advance in the area.
For its part, Al-Quds Brigades, the military wing of Islamic Jihad resistance group, announced its fighters were engaged in fierce clashes with occupation troops near Gaza city.
The Palestinian resistance also announced it has fired dozens of rockets at occupied territories, despite intensified israeli strikes on several areas across the besieged enclave.
israeli media reported rocket fire in Ashdod, Ashkelon and several settlements bordering Gaza. Tel Aviv was also hit by a salvo of rockets, according to both Palestinian and israeli media.